Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Friends in Low Places....


I've got nothing interesting happening right now, so I want to make several posts about people I know and have met along the way. You may know some of them, most you probably don't. But they are my people, and I've deemed them worthy to write about.

Let's start with this guy. Most of you know of him. Certainly the types that would be reading my shit would. To sum up my feelings about him: He's complicated. I've known him to be incredibly cool, and I've known him to be a dick. I've got the same failings myself, it's just that nobody is looking at me. He's had a shitty year, and I hope things are getting better for him. He and I had the same type of year basically, pretty much down to the letter. But again, nobody gives a shit what I'm up to. You can all think what you want, and leave a shitty comment, but this is my position: I have arguably the coolest, most badass motorcycle sitting in my garage waiting for spring so I can terrorize the streets again, and it's about 30% because of him. When he wants to be he is the most encouraging and inspiring person I've ever met. A compliment from him, can, and has, sent me home from a party to spend hours at my workbench in the attempt to make something that is already great, even better. His skills are unquestionable, and he is outstanding at anything he feels like being good at. His is a true American story, up from nothing and to the top, all built on calluses and cuts, frustration, fear, talent, competitiveness, luck, and for sure a few dirty deeds. He's down now, and it's his own fault, and he knows it. Some people are enjoying giving him a kick right now too, but those will be the same people that will line up to slobber on his balls when he comes back.... and he'll come back. ....I just hope everybody gets their bikes.

No comments: